CRIMINAL CHARGE GUIDE
● Capital Offense: Aggravated murder.
● First Degree Felony: Murder, rape, child kidnapping, aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery or arson, possession with intent to distribute controlled substances near a school.
● Second Degree Felony: Manslaughter, robbery, residential burglary, kidnapping, perjury, auto theft, forgery of checks $5,000 or more, theft of property $5,000 or more, forcible sexual abuse, intentional child abuse.
● Third Degree Felony: Burglary of non-dwelling, theft more than $1,500 but less than $5,000, aggravated assault, forgery of checks more than $1,000 but under $5,000, third DUI in 10 years, joyriding (for more than 24 hours), possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and possession of other controlled substances, false or forged prescriptions.
● Class A Misdemeanor: Negligent homicide, DUI with injury, theft, assault on a police officer, criminal mischief, possession of marijuana (more than one ounce, less than 16 ounces).
● Class B Misdemeanor: Assault, resisting arrest, DUI, reckless driving, possession of marijuana under one ounce, possession of drug paraphernalia, shoplifting (under $300), trespass of a dwelling, public nuisance, concealed weapon, several traffic offenses.
● Class C Misdemeanor: Public intoxication, no valid license, driving on a suspended license.
● Infractions: Minor Crimes Only
357 S 200 E STE 307
Salt Lake City, UT 84111-4905
Main Office: 801.320.0532
Text Line: 801.508.4088
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday, Excluding Legal Holidays